9 Art Homework
You must complete at least 4 artworks each term for homework. Choose from the list below, label the artwork with the number chosen. These cover the art principles. They should take about 30min to make or more.
Be creative and have some fun! Must hand up your work every second week!
- Create an artwork that has a clear focal point.
- Create a drawing that clearly shows tone, this could be an animal or automobile eg. cars, aeroplane etc. tone refers to the shading or values from light to dark.
- Use a matchbox to create an artwork. You can paint, cut, manipulate etc. Think creatively!
- Create an artwork that has a strong sense of rhythm and movement.
- Use text to create an artwork.
- Create an artwork that uses a symmetrical or radial composition.
- Use you phone or camera to take a photo of something small. Compose this by cropping the image. Show a before and after shot.
- What can you make from a recycled plastic bottle or tin can?
- Re-create a famous artwork, example of artists to look for: Van Gogh, Salvador Dali, Monet, Rembrandt, Andy Warhol, Andy Goldsworthy, Jason De Caires etc.
- Use a magazine to create a collage.
- Create a brag box. Decorate the box with your favourite things. Fill the box with items, quotes and anything that makes you feel good. When ever you have a bad day open your ‘brag box.’
- Free choice
Student example, a clear focal point
By year 9 you should have a few skills that you can display in your homework. See this example, the shoes are the focal point with a subtle pink and showing skill in tone. The dancer is cropped to focus only only the shoes and the balance of the dancer. Perspective has been used to create space and depth.
Example for artwork made with text
Sourced from: http://apexhsart.blogspot.com.au/search/label/typetop14